Jan 3, 2010

Bags!

Last September, I went to a 'local' quilting shop and done a couple of lessons with Monica Poole (she is really a lovely gal!). As for the class project, I chosen one of her bags, "Georgia-May" (http://www.moonshine-designs.com/proddetail.php?prod=MS20) and had fun making it as I've learnt much more from this project along with Monica!

Front:

Back:

Inside:

For xmas, my mum gave me a handbag kit to make and it took me a day! The kit included the fabric so I only added pellon and button which is quite easy. The "Keiko" handbag's from http://mellyandme.typepad.com/photos/designs_by_melly_me/m005a.html - I find the pattern quite easy to do, however I think its bottom is just a bit too small to as I could only put in my wallet and my phone in it.

Front:

Back:

Inside:

My MIL gave me, what I considered, the most expensive teatowel for xmas and I could not bear using it for the dishes so I got it converted into a bag! Hehe... I just loves it - brilliant colours and the bag feels nice carrying around. I followed no pattern but made it to the dimension of the teatowel which was cut into half and the leftover strips were used as filling for the handles. I used iron-on pellon for the outside fabric because I want to have the teatowel to hold its shape nicely for a long time.

So here's my teatowel bag - front:

Back:

Inside:
So what do you think?

I really enjoy making bags, so I think there will be more coming - hope people like getting them!

Cheers till later, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment